Posted on May 22, 2017 by Tara
Save those POP TOPS!
Starting May 26 we will be collecting pop tabs to donate to the Ronald McDonald House (RMH) of Durham and Wake, so collect those tops and fill the Northgate shopping bag the marketing team will be supplying each merchant.
The merchant who collects the most pop tops will get a free pizza lunch from Randy’s Pizza provided by the Marketing team.
Why pop tabs? According to the RMH, The tab of a soda can is made of high quality aluminum. While one tab does not mean much, when you collect a lot of tabs, it can lead to a significant donation. Each year, more than $10,000 is raised thanks to the pop tab program.
Want to know about more ways to help?
Northgate is partnering with the RMH for the June 30 beach Music on the Plaza as part of their Christmas in July fundraiser.
This fundraiser focuses on filling the supply closet of the House with necessary items to make their guests comfortable. There will be collection boxes at the June 16 and June 30 concerts, as well as at the Customer Service desk starting next week, so please check http://www.rmhdurhamwake.org/ways-to-give/wish-list/ to see RMH’s wish list, or bring one of the following items with you to the concert!
- Cleaning spray with bleach
- Air freshener
- Lysol Disinfectant spray
- Dish soap and dishwasher pods
- Bathroom cleaning products
- Cleaning sponges
- Individual hand soap and hand sanitizer
- Tall Kitchen trash bags
- Individually-packaged chips, crackers and snacks
- Pop Tarts
- Breakfast bars
- Fruit cups
- Ready-to-heat soup ( not condensed)
- Easy Mac
- Sugar packets
- Powdered creamer
- Mini-Moo creamers
- 20-oz. paper bowls (not Styrofoam)
- Large paper plates (not Styrofoam)
- Disposable to-go containers
- Food storage containers
- Mattress pads (queen and twin)
- Space heaters
- Bed pillows- standard size
- Amazon gift cards
- Sears gift card- inside the mall!
- Grocery store gift cards
- Home Depot gift cards
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged .